(Updated October 2021)
LEAD BARTENDER (FT/Hourly)
Haw River Farmhouse Ales is currently searching for a leadership-minded, congenial, experienced Lead Bartender with a passion for excellence and a desire to be part of an awesome little team.
Interested candidates should review the job description below, and if you think you're well-qualified and would like to apply for the position, please begin the process by polishing up your cover letter and resume, with references we can contact as the first step, then emailing both as attachments in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Lead Bartender”.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Creation & management of monthly taproom & farmer's market staff schedule
• Maintenance of taproom supplies & retail merchandise inventory
• Development of systems to educate taproom staff as to essential brewery news and information meant to be relayed to customers to help improve customer experience (new beers, upcoming events, etc,)
• Management of cash & taproom bank/register drawers on a weekly basis
• Coordination and/or enhancement of online order fulfillment by FOH staff
• Average of 3 bar shifts & 1 farmer's market shift per week
• Participation in weekly brewery staff meeting
• Management and scheduling of weekend brewery tours to the public (to be resumed post-Covid)
$12/hour base pay (plus excellent tips on bar shifts)
. . .
TRIAD SALES REPRESENTATIVE (FT/Salary)
Haw River Farmhouse Ales, a small (2500bbl/year) family-owned craft brewery located in Saxapahaw, NC since 2014, is currently interviewing candidates for a full-time Triad Sales Representative/Delivery Person position to join our small but dedicated brewery team. If you’re interested, please review the job description below, and if you think you're well-qualified and would like to apply for the position, please begin the process by polishing up your cover letter and resume, with references we can contact as the first step, then emailing both as attachments in PDF format to email@example.com with the subject “Application for Triad Sales Representative”.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Individuals in the sales/delivery position are tasked with maintaining and servicing existing retailer accounts in their assigned sales region (the Triad region of NC: Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem, as well as working with our distributor in the Charlotte area a few days a month), locating and procuring qualified leads & additional retailer accounts in their sales region, as well as delivering/fulfilling orders based on ongoing sales.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key retailers within assigned territories
• Grow sales volume, brand presence and footprint within assigned territories
• Visit customers' establishments regularly to generate or receive orders and ensure 100% customer satisfaction
• Schedule and participate in tastings, promotions, and special events that may take place any day of the week or after standard business hours
• Educate our customers' staff and management about Haw River Farmhouse Ales products
• Act as the key conduit of information back to the Sales Manager, including, but not limited to, industry pricing and sales materials, as well as creative opportunities to build the business and increase the effectiveness of sales efforts
• Complete a Weekly Sales Itinerary and detailed written communication following market visits
• Maintain a weekly/bi-weekly schedule report of sales goals and account visits/calls
• Attend & participate in weekly meeting with Sales Manager/team
• Maintain familiarity with draught system dynamics and have the ability to troubleshoot when necessary
• Some additional travel may be required as needed
• Perform other appropriate duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing or other related field preferred
• Preferably 1-to-3 years of commission-related sales experience
• Experience selling adult beverages in a retail or wholesale environment preferred
• Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
• Proficiency in a range of social media platforms & tools
• Working knowledge of the craft brewing industry and of major beer styles, including history, process and flavor profiles
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage time and priorities in an effective and efficient manner
• Must be able to drive long distances regularly in a company-owned vehicle (Ford Transit). Gas/expense card provided.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule outside of regular business hours as needed, including occasional nights or weekends
• Must be able to represent Haw River Farmhouse Ales in a responsible and professional manner at all times
• Must have a valid NC driver's license and clean driving record
This Sales position is a full-time salaried position (expected to be 40 hours/week, occasionally on weekends) with commission bonuses based on performance, with paid vacation, holidays and personal days included. To reiterate, interested candidates should send a well-written cover letter and a resume with references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for Triad Sales Representative”.
. . .
Haw River Farmhouse Ales is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Haw River Farmhouse Ales also expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Haw River's employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.